A lifelong maker and hacker with a passion for science. I’ve been fascinated with how things work from a young age. Despite challenges with Dyslexia, I have had fulfilling careers, opportunities, friendships, and networks throughout my life.
Here are some things I have had some experience with and am passionate about during my professional and community life:
- Providing authentic hands-on STEM programs for people of all ages and backgrounds
- Experience in manufacturing, electrical, electronics, steel fabrication and contract assembly services
- Skills in electrical and electronic equipment design, repair, prototyping and customization
- Delivery of a wide range of workshops in Metalworking, Woodworking and Digital Fabrication
- Electronics Recycling and Computer Refurbishing
- A prolific award-winning maker – practical, arts, educational, whimsical and scientific
- Designer of open source Cosmic Ray (Muon) detectors
- Lateral thinker with the ability to combine new and/or old technologies – Hacking
- Experience in Disability Employment and social enterprise development
- Public Libraries Services
- Decarbonising our economy with the use of renewable energy and storage
- Developing and growing maker culture in Australia.
- Social Role Valorisation SRV and person-centred human services
- Circular Economies and Recycling
- LGBTIQA+ inclusion
- Natural environmental protection, reforestation and regulated fisheries
- A Voice to Parliament – Uluru Statement from the Heart.
I work at the City of Port Adelaide Enfield Libraries as the STEM Programs and Learning Officer, where I provide opportunities for people of all ages, interests, abilities and backgrounds to learn Science, Technology, Engineering and mathematics using authentic, hands-on approaches.